Sentinel - Saving is not a dirty word
The Sentinel system is an innovative solution designed to give companies maximum control over their printing array. The system is designed for management, supervision and reducing the amount of print jobs.
Managers, if any of the following sound familiar, you will want this product:
- At the end of the day, the cleaners throw out huge piles of paper from the printer that no one ever picked up.
- Your document got lost when someone picked it up with their printing and never passed it along. You ended up printing another copy
- You printed a document then went to another floor. When there, you remember you need that document you printed, but instead of going downstairs, finding your printed document and then going back upstairs, you print it again from the upstairs printer.
- Sensitive information found its way into the wrong hands because the printer is in the hallway
- Employees prints thousands of pages for personal use while at work
If you have encountered any of these behaviors and want to put a stop to it, Sentinel is the key.
Using Sentinel is easy. The control box is connected to the printer. When you want to print something, you send the document to the printer as normally. Now, if you want to get your printed document, you go over to the printer and swipe your employee card on the controller. Only after the controller recognizes you will the printer begin printing - and it will only print the document YOU sent.
No more wasted paper - if the employee didn't get up to take his printing, it won't get printed.
No more accidental security leaks - each employee can only print the documents they themselves sent to the printer, so there is no way they will read someone else's document.
In addition, the Sentinel's web based interface can generate reports about anything the manager wants to know about the printing habits of the company - including how much the company saved on print jobs that were sent to the printer but NOT printed becuase the employee never came to pick them up.
- Sentinel can work with all printers! It's not limited to specific printer company or printer model.
- Print only what you sent to the printer and only when you're there to pick it up.
- Identify yourself to the print controller with your employee card or a punch in your password on the controller. Forgot your code - No problem. Look it up and even change it using the Sentinel's web interface.
- Print your job from any printer in the company. It doesn't matter where you sent your print, it will be printed at the printer where you identify yourself.
- Sentinel autmatically counts each page printed and the website has a built in reporting system. Find out how many pages are printed by users, printers, departments or any other segment that interests you.
- Control the print options of users through Sentinel's web interface. Allow them to print only up to a set limit of B&W or Color prints, or the number of pages they can copy. When they reach that limit, Sentinel won't let them print/copy anything else. Or, limit them to using only specific printers.
- Extra features include adding a print cost to different printings (B&W, color or copying). This information can tell the manager at a glance how much the company spent on printings or even how much they saved on deleted jobs that were never printed! Also useful for companies that charge clients from printed pages.
- Warning and personal message system lets users know when they have reached their printing quota, the quote for their printing costs, etc. Also lets the system administrator know in case there are problems or errors.